With 10 years of experience in IT Research & Development, I am offering consulting services
to educational institutions and companies trying to get to grasp with the evolving landscape
of technologies for learning and collaboration in the context of mobile devices and cloud
- Research and analysis
- Based on my experience with the development and deployment of learning management
systems, authoring tools, collaboration platforms, and digital asset management systems, my
intimate knowledge of the Open Source ecology, and my hands-on knowledge of mobile and cloud
computing, I can help you gain a clear picture of trends and affordances if your institution
needs new tools for collaboration, learning and knowlege management.
- Project management
- If your project gets stuck due to the lack of a clear guidance, I can help you design
and execute your development plan from the project's initiation to the sucessful delivery of
products and services that fulfil your stakeholders' expectations.
- Software engineering
- During my career in IT, I have learnt to deal with the intricacies of all phases of software
engineering, from requirements analysis, architecture design, implementation, testing,
operation, maintenance and support, and can support your project by reviewing your existing
process, defining improvements, and take part in their implementation.
Domains of competence
- Since 2005, I have been active in the development, deployment and maintenance of large
scale learning management systems in the context of universities (Learn@WU),
and schools (lms.at) and recently a MOOC platform (openHPI).
Particularly, I have gained expertise in the following fields:
- Document management and content authoring ;
- Digital archives and meta-data ;
- E-learning standards ;
- Outcome oriented education, assessment and E-Portfolio ;
- Open Educational Resources ;
- Service-Oriented Architecture.
- Open Source
- As a contributor to two Open Source platforms for collaboration,
OpenACS and phpgroupware (ancestor of eGroupware),
I am intimately familiar with the norms and practices of open, collaborative software development,
and have gained the oversight for evaluating and selecting Open Source solutions for learning,
collaboration and content management.
- Drawn into the Android platform, due to its open-source background
(compared to its main competitor), I have launched two Open Source apps:
and am availalbe for helping you transform your idea for an Android app into reality.